DIY Ombre Hair Extensions with Rita Hazan's Root Concealer
Are you in love with ombre and wish you could achieve the look with your own extensions and wigs without going to the salon? We have a DIY hack for ombre.
Fine Tooth Comb
Craft Paper or Newspaper
A Wig that is the lightest color you desire OR hair extensions
that have been colored already to the lightest color
1. Starting about 4 inches from the end of the hair backcomb or tease your wig or extensions
2. Standing at about 4 inches away from your wig or extensions start spraying the Root Concealer
an inch below where your backcombed area is and over the backcombed area
3. Backcomb 8 inches above the ends of the hair again
4. Repeat Step 2 with the next darkest color of the Root Concealer
5. Now brush out the hair with a paddle brush and you should have a subtle ombre effect that will last until your next shampoo.
If you love the results let us know! Keep in mind you could also try this with permanent hair color. It's always easier to deposit hair color to hair extensions rather than lifting or bleaching color. Even experienced colorist will tell you extensions are a whole other ball game. Please Instagram your results to us if you try this @sunnyshair or #sunnyshair
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.